Hiring a security company for any private event, whether it be a wedding reception, class reunion or business seminar, ensures peace of mind for both event planners and participants. But prior to hiring just any Bay Area security guard company for a private event, there are several key questions that you should ask during the interview process.
- What is the company’s experience within the security industry? Length of experience in providing private event security usually accompanies reliability as well as a good reputation. It’s important to insist on a security firm that can offer you references and has a stellar reputation for providing superior security services within your local community.
- Can the company meet your specific security needs? Security protocol at a private special event differs from that provided for a retail operation, parking garage or hotel establishment. The security company you hire should be able to explain why you need a specific number of security personnel and the extent of services they will offer before, during and after your event to guarantee guest safety.
- How are the security officers provided by the company qualified for their job? Security officers should be licensed, in addition to having undergone security clearance fingerprint checks as well as a background check regarding any criminal history. Equally important is to ask about the level of training which the security company personnel receive.
- Who will be responsible for supervising the security personnel at the event? Ask if the security personnel assigned to your event will be armed or unarmed. If you are interested in learning more about armed and unarmed security guards in San Francisco, click here. Also obtain a specific timeline as to when security personnel will arrive and leave, where they will be stationed at your event and to what extent will they interact with your guests.
- Who is your contact within the company is for arranging for a security plan for the day of the event as well as assigning personnel? This will ease your mind in getting any last minute questions answered, and ensure you have a contact person who you can quickly receive answers from should any security incident happen during your private event.
These are just a few of the questions that any reliable security guard company should be able to answer. If you are looking for a reputable company who has been serving the Bay Area for more than a decade, consider ADS Guards. Learn more about us and call us today at 1-800-794-1500 for a free price estimate for your next private event.